1) Do you have a time-consuming job? A lot on your plate? Your wedding coordinator will schedule meetings with vendors (or even attend the meetings) for you, suggest linens and invitations, and help with other tasks you just can’t fit in.
A coordinator knows the local industry professionals and know exactly who to go to for the services and products you want, saving you valuable time to take care of other things.
2) Hiring a coordinator can help you organize all the details you need to plan on for your guests, such as hotel accommodations, welcome baskets, maps and directions, and a list of fun things for them to do during their downtime.
3) Planning a wedding on a small budget? Although it seems like hiring a coordinator is counter-intuitive, we can actually save you money. Coordinators work with you to set a budget and help you stick to it, stretching your dollar as far as it will go. In knowing what is important to you, she can help determine what items can be cut from the budget to afford what you want.
Most coordinators have relationships with vendors so they can help get the best bang for your budget dollar as well as refer you to known, reliable companies in your budget range. Whether you contract for overall planning, or “day of” coordination, you can still benefit from the services of a coordinator without the total expense.
It’s your coordinator’s job to take care of as many details as you contract for. Since you’re paying for the service, take advantage of the professional help.
4) Has the thought of planning a wedding caused anxiety and stress before you even start? Most people don’t realize all the details to be attended to, but planning a wedding should be fun! A coordinator will help you keep a timeline, stick to your budget and do the detailed planning so you can have fun at hair and makeup trials or enjoying your showers and batchelor/ette celebrations.
5) Most importantly, on your wedding day, it’s comforting knowing you have someone on hand to handle issues that come up (and there will be). You shouldn’t have to worry about sewing a button on the best man’s tux or finding Grandma June’s corsage. Your job is to have the time of your life!
The key is to have fun while planning your wedding, have a coordinator take care of the details so you can enjoy your engagement.